Do I have to file taxes to fill out the FAFSA?


The FAFSA will ask for information about income earned two years prior to the academic year.  If you filed taxes, you can use that information to help you complete the FAFSA.  If you did not file taxes but earned income, you can use the information from your W2 to help you complete the FAFSA.  Please note that Normandale uses the IRS filing requirements to determine if students/parents are required to file taxes.


If you have additional questions, please contact Student Services via live chat or email. 

Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 103327
Fri 3/27/20 8:46 AM
Wed 1/26/22 11:00 AM